|Area of Research
- Linear and Non-Linear Models
- Response Surface Methodology
- Design of Experiments and Analysis of Experimental Data.
- Msc. Agricultural Statistics
- Ph D in Statistics
- Development of standard process and protocols for innovative products from aquatic resources, shelf life modeling and assessment of energy use.
- Development of high value by-products from fish and shell fish processing discards
- Marine Biomolecules - Characterisation and Utilisation for Nutraceuticals, Biomedical and Industrial Applications.
|Awards and recognitions
- Best paper award (Poster) under the technical session on Safe Seafood- Emerging Post-harvet Technologies in the International symposium on ‘Greening Fisheries-Towards Green Technologies in Fisheries’ jointly organized by the Society of Fisheries Technologists (India) and CIFT, Cochin during 21st -23rd May 2013 at Cochin for the paper titled ‘ Optimization of high pressure processing for Yellowfin Tuna steaks using response surface methodology’ by Kamalakanth, C.K, Ginson, J, Joshy, C.G,Bindu, J, Asha, K.K. and Gopal, T.K.S.
|Publications (Best 5 publications)
- C. G. Joshy, N. Balakrishnaand V. R. Madhu. (2018). Local polynomial regression estimation of trawl size selectivity parameters using genetic algorithm. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 65(3): 25-32.
- C.G. Joshy, N. Balakrishna, George Ninan and C.N. Ravishankar . (2018). Accelerated Shelf Life Prediction Models with Correlated Errors for Bio‑Chemical and Sensory Responses of Chill stored Fish. Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 72(2): 129–140
- C. G. Joshy, N. Balakrishna and C. N. Ravishankar. (2017). Nonparametric Regression Estimation of Growth Rate of India’s Fish Production and Export. Fishery Technology, 54 : 128 – 136.
- C.G. Joshy_ and N. Balakrishna. (2017). Blocking first order response surface designs with interaction under correlated error. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, 12: 179–191.
- C. G. Joshy, George Ninan, S. K. Panda, A. A. Zynudheen, K. Ashok Kumar and C.N. Ravishankar.(2020). Development of Demerit Score-Based Fish QualityIndex (FQI) for Fresh Fish and Shelf Life PredictionUsing Statistical Models. Journal o Aquatic Food Product Technology : 29( 1), 55–64.